DUI Defense Lawyer in Sacramento
If you have been charged with a DUI after arrest and being required to take blood tests, get in touch with a Sacramento DUI defense attorney at the Tiemann Law Firm to go over the details of your circumstances and charges. Depending on the situation and sequence of events, there are multiple avenues of law which might be activated on your behalf. These avenues may be open to you regardless of whether or not you voluntarily submitted to any field sobriety tests after the law enforcement officer stopped you and prior to arrest.
DUI charges may come about through tests which show a blood alcohol level in the blood of .08% or higher. Blood tests as a method of determining blood alcohol concentration (BAC) are not perfect and can be challenged under certain circumstances. These circumstances vary and require an experienced attorney to review and determine any elements which may help you with defense of your rights.
Sacramento DUI Defense Attorney
Here are some examples of how blood tests and why their results may be inaccurate:
- The individual administering the blood test was not a qualified analyst. Non-authorized blood drawer.
- Fermentation of the blood can happen in the tube after it was drawn if not preserved correctly and timely.
- Contamination of the blood because of using an alcohol-based swab before injection.
- Wrong blood specimen was analyzed.
- Prosecution failure to provide blood test expert for trial.
If you have reason to suspect anything faulty in connection to testing of your blood for alcohol concentration, discuss the matter with us in detail. Through our own investigation and challenging of facts, we may be able to get the matter resolved or the charges dropped completely, depending on the circumstances involved.
Contact a Sacramento DUI Defense Lawyer regarding any suspect blood test in relation to any drunk driving charge.
at (916) 939-3900 - (530) 621-1800